Job Title & Summary
There is a lot of bad software on the web. Help to break that pattern by producing high-quality, craftsman-style web applications that will delight users and solve their problems. Port Light Technology is looking for a senior software engineer as a contractor for a minimum of 20 hours per week. The number of hours could increase in the near future.
If the idea of being chained to a desk from 8:00 am – 5:00 pm every day with no regard to the amount of work you do is not appealing, this contractor position might be for you. You will have the opportunity to take personal ownership of the projects and your work, allowing your skills and creativity to shine. Your work will make a difference and have a direct impact on the customers and users that you serve.
- Assist in establishing coding standards.
- Review the work of other team members to ensure it fits coding standards, best practices, and the requirements of the customer and give constructive feedback to other team members.
- Assist in developing requirements for a web development project.
- Test, and deploy web applications that are cross-browser compatible, adhere to security best practices, and meet performance requirements.
- Manage multiple projects at once, and deliver projects on schedule.
Skills & Qualifications
- 5+ years as a full time web developer.
- Experienced in establishing coding standards.
- Experience mentoring and leading other web developers is a plus but not required.
- WordPress development including themes and plugins.
- Experience with WordPress Multisite.
The ability to get things done, work independently without supervision as well as in a virtual team environment, and learn quickly are more important than any specific technology.
This is a full time position working 40 hours per week. The position requires that at least four hours per day are worked between 8:00 am and 5:00 pm Central Time.
Port Light Technology has a high performing team made up of the founder and a small number of contractors with outstanding skills.
Founded in December of 2012, Port Light Technology is a boutique web development company that is growing rapidly. We help small to medium businesses meet their goals through quality web applications.
Anywhere you choose. We are a virtual team.
How To Apply
Email [email protected] with:
1. Your resume and contact information.
2. Why you would be a good fit for this position.
3. Your career goals.